Joe Rogan accused Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson of using steroids on a recent episode of his podcast The Joe Rogan Show.
Rogan says: “The Rock should come clean right now. There’s not a f*cking chance in hell he’s clean, not a chance in hell as big as The Rock is at 50.”
“He’s so massive and he’s so different than he was when he was 30.”
Definition: Steroids are tablets or injected liquid that some people take to build muscle or increase strength.
- On December 2, YouTuber The Liver King, who had built a $100 Million empire promoting a diet of raw meat, admitted that he had lied about not taking steroids.
- The influencer admitted that he’s been taking 120mg of testosterone per week, and apologized for misleading his followers and claiming that he really was “all-natural.” .
- The Liver King was exposed when email leaked in in which he was trying to order steroids and Rogan was joined on his podcast by the leaker, fitness influencer Derek from More Plates More Dates.
- Derek said The Rock has not ‘point blank’ denied that he uses steroids but “has implied it pretty heavily”.
- Rogan said that it was important celebrities, like The Rock be transparent about their steroid usage: “I don’t think there’s anything wrong with hormone replacement. There’s a responsibility you have to people that are listening to you.”
Why it matters: Rogan is pointing out the widespread yet hushed-up use of steroids among male celebrities and fitness influencers.
These performance-enhancing drugs have helped create the super-muscly male body standard we know today.
However, celebrities and fitness influencers are not transparent about their use of steroids to achieve their physiques
While stars are happy to talk about their diets and exercise regimes, they are tight-lipped about discussing steroids and this is setting unrealistic body standards for normal men.