Model Sofia Richie used her wedding to rebrand herself as a classic and elegant style icon.
@voguemagazine Replying to @safaribanana @sofiarichiegrainge opened up about her pre-wedding feelings during her final fitting at #Chanel and gushed about her now husband #ElliotGrainge ♬ original sound – Vogue
- Sofia Richie launched her new TikTok account in the days before her wedding to music executive Elliot Grainge on April 22 and she used it as a platform to showcase her new classy and sophisticated look.
- Richie posted a series of “Get ready with me” videos (something which Richie has never done before) for her chic wedding outfits on TikTok and gained over 400,000 followers in three days.
- For her wedding weekend, Richie wore three classic Chanel dresses and collaborated with Vogue to cover her wardrobe.
Why it matters: It’s an image reinvention for Richie
- Richie’s understated and timeless aesthetic is a complete overhaul from her previous “party girl” style and persona.
- Previously, Richie was most famous for dating Kourtney Kardashian’s ex-boyfriend/baby daddy Scott Disick and she became a subject of intense celebrity gossip as a result.
- Richie has used her wedding as a social media tool to leave the Kardashian family drama behind and rebrand herself as a happily married fashion icon.
@planbisasugardaddy Sophia Richie is giving IYKYK #quietluxury #sophiarichie #sofiarichiewedding #styleinspo ♬ Succession (Main Title Theme) – Nicholas Britell
The “new” Sofia Richie Grainge could be TikTok’s new fashion trendsetter
- Richie’s rebrand was a hit with social media users. It spawned thousands of TikTok videos celebrating her timeless glamor — with one clip dubbing the “new Sofia Richie” as the “queen of quiet luxury.” In a TikTok video that amassed 2.3 million views, influencer Mara Angeliz praised her evolution and told fans that “we all need to be like Sofia Richie.”
- In a TikTok video that amassed 2.3 million views, influencer Mara Angeliz praised her evolution and told fans that “we all need to be like Sofia Richie.”
We’ve seen this before: Sofia’s sister Nicole Richie also underwent a similar fashion transformation.
Nicole went from being a known party girl and Paris Hilton’s co-star on The Simple Life to a respected fashion icon after she partnered with stylist Rachel Zoe.