Reality TV star Millie Mackintosh has accused her former friend Meghan Markle of “ghosting” her after she started dating Prince Harry.
How Meghan Ghosted Millie
- Former Made in Chelsea star Mackintosh says Markle “abruptly” ended their friendship after news of her relationship with Harry became public
- Speaking on her Mumlemmas podcast, she says they “got on like a house on fire” when they first met and bonded over their failed first marriages. Mackintosh even “gave her [Markle] all of my contacts” in London.
- Markle ended up telling Mackintosh that she was dating Harry when they met in a hotel in the Cotswolds, U.K. The pair ended up having a fun afternoon drinking “rosé and margaritas in the pool.” But that would be the last time Mackintosh saw Markle.
- Mackintosh reached out to Markle when after news broke of her relationship with Harry with a message saying “Hey I hope you’re OK, thinking of you” but the now Duchess of Sussex “snubbed” her with a curt reply that was “unlike any of our communications before.”
- Mackintosh would not disclose the reply she received from Markle but she says: “I never heard from her again. I felt like she’d basically told me to f**k off in that message. So I did. And we haven’t spoken since.”
Apparently, Markle no longer wanted to be associated with Mackintosh
- Mackintosh says “My take on it is that, this is my instinct why it happened at the time, she thought right I’m gonna be royal now, I don’t need Millie in my life.”
Markle has been accused of ghosting friends before…
- Markle reportedly ghosted her former best friend stylist Jessica Mulroney. The pair were once so close that Mulroney’s children were involved in the royal wedding. But Markle reportedly became distant when Mulroney was called out by lifestyle blogger Sasha Exeter for comments she made regarding white privilege over the BLM movement in 2020.
- British socialite Lizzie Cundy says her former friend Markle “literally ghosted” her after news of her royal relationship went public. Markle previously asked Cundy to find her a “famous British man.
- Talk show host Piers Morgan also says Markle “ghosted” him.
- Markle’s former friend and business advisor, Gina Nelthorpe-Crowne says the Duchess ended their relationship after she started dating Harry.
- Markle’s father Thomas Markle says his daughter stopped talking to him after her a series of incidents in the lead-up to her wedding to Harry.
In her defense In the Netflix documentary Harry & Meghan, Markle hinted at the restrictions imposed on her by the Palace when she started dating Harry. She was advised against inviting her niece Ashleigh Hale to the royal wedding due to “optics” and was not allowed to text photos to her friends.