A viral video of a woman “processing the most triggering break up” has divided TikTok users.
@sophiaacsta #stitch with @Tammy Chow | Trauma Healing ♬ A sad but beautiful chorus like a church funeral – Kurippertronixxx
- On May 26, soul alignment coach Tammy Chow shared a TikTok video captioned “I am processing the most triggering break up I’ve had in nine years”. The clip begins with striking footage of Chow screaming and shaking her body in frustration. Chow then goes on to talk about her emotions and childhood.
- Chow’s video racked up over 4.7 million views. However, it was the footage of Chow filming herself screaming in bed at the start of the video that gripped TikTok users and fuelled a debate on social media.
- Many TikTok users mocked Chow for taking the time to set her camera up to film such a video of herself and share it on social media. Some individuals described the clip as everything that was wrong with influencer culture.
- While some social media users could not believe that Chow had willingly shared this footage online. One content creator said: “No amount of heartbreak could ever convince me to post that!”
@kinghenryrn #stitch with @Tammy Chow | Trauma Healing the fact that she was completely normal then set the camera up making sure the angles were right then proceeds to act like she got hit wit the particle accelerator is rather astonishing #asian #dsl #bts #fakebody ♬ A sad but beautiful chorus like a church funeral – Kurippertronixxx
@dylanevans #stitch with @Tammy Chow | Trauma Healing LIKE WHAT!? 💀🤣 #fyp #comedy #couple #xcyzba #viral ♬ A sad but beautiful chorus like a church funeral – Kurippertronixxx
But some TikTok users disagreed with the criticism…
- Content creator Abby Malala criticized all the TikTok users who were parodying and mocking Chow’s video. Instead, she praised Chow for her honesty.
- “How do you not feel gross and weird like making fun of a woman who is being open and honest about her trauma,” Malala says. “A lot of the stitches and comments that I’m seeing are people saying that it’s cringe that she is showing you guys like how she releases trauma from her body.”
@malaladita #stitch with @Tammy Chow | Trauma Healing thank you tammy from one traumatized asian woman to another #traumatok #traumarelease ♬ A sad but beautiful chorus like a church funeral – Kurippertronixxx