Doja Cat is reportedly blocking fans who are bringing up troubling allegations against her rumored new boyfriend J.Cyrus. Why are the singer’s fans so upset?
Doja Cat & her boyfriend J. Cyrus on vacation together in Mexico pic.twitter.com/Y69cqnsiAN
— Episodes (@episodesent) June 9, 2023
- In June, TMZ published photos of Doja Cat was kissing singer and social media comedian J.Cyrus on a yacht in Cabo, Mexico. The pair were also photographed having dinner in New York City in May.
- Since then, Doja Cat’s fans have been increasingly taking to social media to criticize her rumored romance with J.Cyrus. Social media users have made accusations against J.Cyrus, claiming that he allegedly harassed several women on the social media platform Twitch between 2020 to 2022.
- A social media user also posted a screenshot of J.Cyrus allegedly making a partial apology for his actions against women on social media. However, in this supposed screenshot, he also emphasizes that his behavior with these “victims” was consensual.
- Doja Cat’s Instagram account is now flooded with comments from her followers making similar problematic accusations against her supposed new boyfriend and calling for her to end the relationship.
- On June 21, Doja allegedly responded to a fan who condemned her romance with J.Cyrus — writing “I WANT YALL TO READ THIS COMMENT AND TAKE IT AS A MESSAGE. I DONT GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT MY PERSONAL LIFE I NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ME OR MY PERSONAL LIFE GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE MISERABLE H*ES НАНА!.”
- Doja Cat also started reportedly blocking several fans who criticized the relationship with J.Cyrus or tagged her in posts with screenshots of the allegations.
- Another critical fan claimed that Doja Cat had reported them for harassment. In a tweet posted on July 22, @trixtd writes “Doja cat blocked me earlier this month then dmed me this. She thinks I was trolling her predator boyfriend’s live stream and reported me to ‘cyber security.’”
just so we are clear, this is the same man. i don’t want any confusion here. this is a literal predator. fuck j cyrus and anyone who associates with him! https://t.co/bMguNezmMC pic.twitter.com/hy02WEZXzv
— hey, it’s em and i’m touchin grass 🖤 (@emyren_) June 9, 2023
doja cat needs to learn that she isn't god. her platform and success can be gone in an instant… none of that shit is guaranteed. she got lucky. and i think she is one of the most nasty artists when it comes to fan communication.
ur dating a GROOMER. https://t.co/GXc3s7FuaO
— luke 💌 #AHSOKA (@nickistimeless) July 21, 2023
More fans that Doja Cat blocked. pic.twitter.com/JOLMzNZKpw
— Pop Faction (@PopFactions) July 21, 2023
doja cat blocked me earlier this month then dmed me this. she thinks i was trolling her predator boyfriend’s livestream and reported me to “cyber security” 😭😭😭 pic.twitter.com/TdvhS0Ltg5
— Trix (@trixtid) July 22, 2023
What’s next: Doja Cat has not commented publicly about her rumored relationship or the current backlash against J.Cyrus. But she did announce her upcoming tour with Ice Spice on June 23.
However, the online anger against the singer’s romance with J.Cyrus does not seem to be dying down.