Ariana Grande and her Wicked co-star Ethan Slater were allegedly in a relationship for six months behind his wife Lilly Jay’s back, according to a new blind item.
Ariana Grande is dating 'Wicked' costar Ethan Slater, according to TMZ. pic.twitter.com/AvNatLyOMf
— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) July 20, 2023
- On July 20, TMZ broke the news that Ariana Grande was dating her married Wicked co-star Ethan Slater following her split from husband-of-two-years Dalton Gomez. TMZ suggested that Ethan and Ariana had not started dating until they had both separated from their partners.
- However, according to a blind item shared by anonymous celebrity gossip account Deuxmoi on the DeuxU podcast today, a source claims that Ariana Grande and Ethan Slater allegedly had a secret affair for six months — while he and his wife ily Jay were still together.
- The source also claimed that Ariana and Lilly had become friends during the filming of the Wicked. The singer would play with Ethan’s and Lilly’s baby son, whom the couple welcomed in August 2022.
- “Of Ethan and his wife, they were absolutely not separated. Ethan and Ariana had been going on for six months behind her back. Finally, someone on set told Ethan’s wife two weeks ago,” a source told Deux Moi.
- The source continues: “Apparently Ariana had become friends with Lilly and was hanging out at their house and playing with their baby as this was going on. Also, Lilly isn’t a singer as TMZ reported, she’s a doctor and left her job in London to support Ethan in London.”
- TMZ also reported that Ariana and Dalton’s marriage had been over since January. However, on the DeuxU podcast, Deuxmoi said she had received information from another source that claimed that Ariana’s husband Dalton had been “gushing over his wife” in March and “told people that he had just been with her for five months” on the set of Wicked in London. But he had to return to LA for work.
What’s next: Neither Ariana nor Ethan have not commented on their relationship. But Ethan’s wife Lilly slammed Ariana for breaking up their marriage. She told Page Six today that Ariana is “not a girl’s girl. My family is just collateral damage.”
Is Wicked the new Don’t Worry Darling?
The source also told Deuxmoi “It’s so messed up. I have to imagine the vibe on [the Wicked] set was so weird through all of this too.”
As a result, Deuxmoi drew parallels between the behind-the-scenes controversy on Wicked with the Don’t Worry Darling drama that ended up becoming a full-blown media frenzy in 2022.
During the filming of Don’t Worry Darling, Olivia Wilde split with her longtime partner Jason Sudeikis and began dating her lead actor Harry Styles.
Update 07/27/2023 by Pesala Bandara: Information on Lilly Jay’s response added.