Beyoncé Knowles’ mom Tina Knowles and Robert Lawson allegedly divorced because she did not support her husband’s career and focused on her daughter’s Renaissance tour instead.
- After rumors of marriage problems, Beyoncé Knowles’ mother Tina Knowles filed for divorce from her second husband Richard Lawson citing “irreconcilable differences.”
- According to a new report by Media Take Out, it was actually Richard who allegedly dumped Tina because she neglected his career. And Richard was reportedly frustrated that Tina would go out of her way to help her daughter Beyoncé’s career instead.
- A source close to the couple tells Media Take Out that Richard directed a new movie called Black Terror which was “one of the greatest achievements of his professional career.” Tina was an executive producer on the film.
- However, the publication reports that the launch of Richard’s movie conflicted with Beyoncé’s current Renaissance world tour and the source claims Tina chose to support her daughter instead of her husband’s film project.
- ““That was the straw that broke the camels back. Richard has supported everything that Tina has ever done. He really needs her now, and she chose to do the electric slide at her daughter’s concert instead,” the source tells Media Take Out.
- The source also claimed that Tina, Beyoncé, Jay-Z could have been more supportive of Richard’s movie: “Do you know how hard it is for a Black film, directed by a Black director, to succeed? Tina, Beyonce, Jay Z, everyone should have come out to help make the film pop.”
- Tina previously divorced Beyoncé’s father Matthew Knowles in 2011 after 31 years of marriage — when it was revealed that he had fathered son Nixon Knowles with another woman.
@big_bey1981 yall see Vivica A Fox as well! 😍#fyp #beyonce #vivicaafox #tinaknowles #renaissanceworldtour ♬ original sound – big_bey1981
But Neither Tina nor Richard have commented on their divorce or responded to this rumor.