A woman has claimed that her boyfriend of ten years cheated on her with Lizzo and then left her to be with the singer.
As far as I know they are still together. I wish them peace and happiness.
- TikToker Brooklyn Elizabeth Brown has gone viral after claiming that her boyfriend of ten years cheated on her with Lizzo and then left her for the singer.
- Fans have speculated that the man is Lizzo’s current boyfriend Myke Wright. Although Brown does not explicitly confirm this, she does state that Lizzo and her ex-boyfriend “are still together.”
- In a TikTok video — captioned “the time my boyfriend left me for Lizzo” — Brown also claims that the Grammy award-winning singer “wasn’t very nice” to her.
- In a TikTok video posted on August 3, Brown recalls allegedly first meeting Lizzo when her boyfriend co-hosted MTV’s Wonderland with the singer in late 2016 to 2017. Myke co-hosted the series with Lizzo.
- Browns claims: “she [Lizzo] wasn’t very nice to me. I knew she didn’t like me” but she ignored it. She put Lizzo’s cold behaviour down to her being “in the celebrity scene.”
- The influencer continues: “She didn’t say anything that was mean. But she was really like, stand-offish or wouldn’t talk to me. When I talked to her it was kind of like, ‘oh, okay. Get the f*ck away from me. I don’t want to talk to you.’ She didn’t say anything that was mean, but she wouldn’t talk to me when I talk to her”
- Brown then say how she realized that Lizzo and her boyfriend were allegedly having an affair behind her back. The TikToker claims she was heartbroken over the betrayal and her boyfriend eventually left her for Lizzo.
- Brown says: “So yeah I eventually found out that her and my boyfriend had something going on and that was why I left the relationship and yes it was heartbreaking. I was with him for 10 years, I supported him through everything and when he finally got a big break he left me for Lizzo. It was really hard for my mental health I went through a really difficult time trying to be ok with this because… he left me for a person who wasn’t very nice to me. And after we broke up she became a Grammy award-winning celebrity and everyone in the world loves her.”
Hard Launch❤️ pic.twitter.com/MnKuRoGEuU
— FOLLOW @YITTY (@lizzo) February 5, 2023
Lizzo had a ‘nasty attitude’
She says: “If my experience were your own, you went through the hardest time of your life and you never really got to share it with anybody and you tried to take the high road and just like moved on and did the right then. And then the universe gives you a wild card and says your move, what would you have done?”
- In a follow-up TikTok video posted today, Brown explained why she finally decided to speak out against Lizzo after taking “the high road” for so long.
- Brown says: “I just thought it was relevant to what’s going on now because of people feeling they are surprised at who she [Lizzo] is now and I was just trying to communicate that. I saw that type of energy in her before.”
- Brown also described Lizzo’s “nasty attitude” and how she has no regrets talking about what happened. When Brown was still unaware of their affair, she says Lizzo “would go off” with her boyfriend and it caused “a lot of confusion” for her at the time.
- Brown says she never understood what she had done for Lizzo to be so mean to her for no reason: “It was really heartbreaking to me and I felt it.”
Why it matters: Another person is coming forward with allegations against Lizzo — after the singer was hit with a lawsuit from her backup dancers this week.
- On Tuesday, three former stage dancers sued Lizzo on Tuesday for allegedly promoting a culture of sexual harassment, religious harassment,and body shaming that contributed to a hostile work environment.
- Following the lawsuit, several of Lizzo’s former colleagues (including her former creative director Quinn Whitney Wilson) have come forward to share support for the dancers and claimed that they had a similar experience with the singer.
- Lizzo — who has built her brand on body positivity and empowerment — has denied the allegations. But fans have started to question the singer’s public persona.
- Lizzo’s brand could be further under threat following Brown’s accusations. Brown’s video has over 2.3 million views and over 261,000 likes.
But: Neither Lizzo or Myke have commented on Brown’s allegations.