According to Deuxmoi, other sources have been claiming Lizzo is an “absolute nightmare” and an “awful person” as far back as 2020.
- Earlier this month, three former stage dancers sued Lizzo for allegedly promoting a culture of sexual harassment, religious harassment, and body shaming that contributed to a hostile work environment.
- Following the lawsuit, several of Lizzo’s former colleagues (including her former creative director Quinn Whitney Wilson) have come forward to share support for the dancers and claimed that they had a similar experience with the singer.
- And now anonymous celebrity gossip account Deuxmoi claims that her sources have been making negative allegations about Lizzo — who has built her brand on body positivity and empowerment — as far back as 2020.
- On the DeuxU podcast last week, Deuxmoi said that she received a blind item from Lizzo’s co-worker in December 2020 that alleges: ““I worked with Lizzo and she is an absolute nightmare human. The definition of fame-hungry, super-rude and disrespectful. The Love yourself empowerment stuff is all marketing.”
- Deuxmoi said that she didn’t post the blind item at the time because she assumed it was a “one-off” complaint about Lizzo. However, the source approached Deuxmoi recently to remind her about the tip after Lizzo’s lawsuit made headlines.
- Deuxmoi also claims that several of Lizzo’s former colleagues have allegedly slammed the Grammy award-winning singer
to her — saying “Lizzo is the most awful person they have ever been around.”
- A source allegedly told Deuxmoi: “I’ve worked in radio for 25 years and did tons of meets and greets with incredible famous people… I did a meet and greet with Lizzo and she was awful, rude to her fans, all-round b*tch”
- Another source, who claimed to have worked with Beyoncé and Lizzo, tells Deuxmoi: “Lizzo is a nightmare and always has been. Super rude to everyone she and her team interact with. Extremely disrespectful of time and didn’t even complete her contractual obligations on multiple occasions.”
But: Deuxmoi did mention that one of her sources defended Lizzo and said the claims against her are “baseless.” Lizzo has also denied the allegations against her.
Beyoncé has also shown support for Lizzo and did a shout out to the singer at her Renaissance concert in Atlanta on Tuesday.
Beyoncé shows love to Lizzo at the #RenaissanceWorldTour in Atlanta:
“I love you, Lizzo!” pic.twitter.com/wxVFk5T2eG
— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) August 15, 2023