Podcast host Bobbi Althoff allegedly deleted her interview with Drake and unfollowed the rapper because of a dispute over Tyga.
The Reason Behind Drake’s and Bobbi’s Feud
- On Monday, it emerged that Drake and podcaster Bobbi Althoff had unfollowed each other on Instagram. Bobbi’s and Drake’s viral interview on The Really Good Podcast had also been deleted on YouTube, Spotify, and Apple podcasts.
- At the time, social media users were left wondering what had transpired between Drake and Bobbi for their friendship to suddenly turn sour.
- Now, according to an exclusive report by Media Takeout, Bobbi deleted her interview with Drake on all platforms because the rapper played Tyga’s song Rack City on the podcast.
- In the podcast, Bobbi claims she does not know who rapper Tyga is. So Drake plays Rack City on his smartphone for Bobbi. Bobbi listens to the song and says she’s “never heard it” before humorously asking whether Tyga is married to Kylie Jenner.
- Media Takeout reports that after the episode went live, “Drake’s team reached out to Universal Music Group, which owns the rights to Tyra’s song Rack City and they issued a copyright strike against Bobbi’s podcast.”
- Media Takeout claims that “Under the terms that Youtube has with Universal Music all of the proceeds from the podcast would have to be turned over to Universal Music — or Bobbi would be facing a pretty big lawsuit.” So Bobbi’s decided to delete the entire podcast instead.
- According to the publication, Bobbi is annoyed with Drake over the issue and they unfollowed each because of the dispute.
But: Neither Bobbi nor Drake have commented on their relationship or the deleted podcast. And on August 10, Tyga appeared on Bobbi’s latest podcast episode.