Fans can’t get over Bad Bunny’s calling his rumored girlfriend Kendall Jenner “mami” in a new Instagram video.
@kardashvideoo “ Mami be careful ” #kendalljenner #badbunnypr #kendallandbadbunny #couple #fypシ #foryou #kardashians ♬ son original – KardashVideo
‘Mami, Be Careful’
- On Sunday, Puerto Rican rapper Bad Bunny shared a series of photos and video on his Instagram Stories.
- Bad Bunny — who rarely posts on Instagram — shared a nude selfie of him in the shower as well as a photo of two pink drinks alongside a bottle of his rumored girlfriend Kendall Jenner’s 818 Tequila among other images.
- However, Bad Bunny posted one video of an interaction with girlfriend Kendall which drove fans wild.
- In a short video clip posted to Bad Bunny’s Instagram stories, a chipmunk is filmed scurrying down a road. In the background, Kendall can be heard cooing at the chipmunk and saying “Cutest thing ever! Come here!” to the animal.
- But then Bad Bunny tells Kendall “Mami, be careful.” The supermodel asks the rapper whether she needs to be mindful of “rabies.” However, Bad Bunny tells her she needs to watch out for “the mosquitos.”
- Fans were thrilled by the fact that Bad Bunny called Kendall “mami” which is a Spanish slang term variously used to refer to a mommy, attractive woman, female romantic partner, or close female friend.
- One viewer commented: “Anybody calling me mami like this will have me completely melted.” Meanwhile, another fan said that Bad Bunny calling Kendall “mami” and warning her about mosquitos was their “new favorite thing on the internet.”
Kenito’s summer 😍 pic.twitter.com/ZZB2931i8p
— Kendall & Benito (@kenitoarchive) August 27, 2023
Why it matters: Bad Bunny’s video gave a rare insight into his relationship with Kendall — which is a partnership that has confused and angered some of the singer’s fans.
- Bad Bunny’s fans have been upset over his relationship with Kendall. Bad Bunny is viewed as a champion of Puerto Rican culture and has openly criticized non-Latin people adopting Latin culture. So his romance with Kendall — who has been repeatedly criticized for profiting off Mexican culture with her tequila brand 818 — has annoyed the singer’s fans.
- Bad Bunny’s fans have also questioned how the pair communicate as Bad Bunny told TIME in March that he is still learning English as a language — and Kendall reportedly does not speak Spanish. The couple appeared to have an awkward interaction during a date at an NBA game in May which made fans more convinced they were a bad match linguistically.
- However, this new video has given fans a rare glance at Bad Bunny’s and Kendall Jenner’s cute dynamic as a couple. “So this is how they communicate,” a viewer writes.
- Others said the footage revealed how the couple speak a mixture of English and Spanish with each other. “I love how they just talk to each other in Spanglish, I always thought it was fully English,” a viewer comments.
- Another viewer similarly loved the combination of Spanish and English between Kendall and Bad Bunny: “I feel like it’s good they are learning their languages”
- Another fan remarked that Bad Bunny’s anxiety about mosquitos was a Puerto Rican trait and showed how much he cares about Kendall: “Lmao you know he’s Puerto Rican the fear of mosquitoes is real.” The risk for mosquito activity is high in the country.
- But some Bad Bunny fans were still left unconvinced by the couple’s relationship: “I literally still can’t believe they’re dating.”