Fans think Charli XCX and Rina Sawayama are in a feud over The 1975’s Matty Healy after the Boom Clap singer unfollowed her on social media.
Charli XCX’s and Rina Sawayama’s Feud Rumors Explained
- Charli XCX and Rina Sawayama — who collaborated on the single Beg For It in 2022 — were on friendly terms. But the pair are allegedly now in an online feud.
- Fans first speculated that the pair were in a feud after Charli unfollowed Rina on social media earlier today.
- After unfollowing Rina, Charli tweeted that she was in her “messy era.”
- Following this, Rina posted a visualizer for her new single This Hell on Instagram..
- According to social media users, Charli XCX then allegedly made an Instagram post from her private profile (@360_brat) with the caption “apparently I’m going to hell.” Fans thought Charli’s caption was a reference to her fallout with Rina.
— Charli (@charli_xcx) August 29, 2023
Charli unfollowing Rina, Rina posting a new This Hell visualiser and then Charli posting this…hmm it’s nasty pic.twitter.com/vXpTGE77LX
— ࿊ (@mattcollxtion) August 29, 2023
Why Could Charli XCX and Rina Sawayama Be in a Feud? Fans think their fallout has something to do with The 1975’s Matty Healy…
- While neither Charli nor Rina have commented on their rumored feud, fans have speculated that the pair’s alleged beef is related to The 1975’s Matty Healy.
- Matty is one of the label directors at Dirty Hit, to which Rina is signed. On stage at Glastonbury in June, Rina seemingly called out Matty, saying: “So tonight, this goes out to a white man that watches “Ghetto Gaggers” and mocks Asian people on a podcast. He also owns my masters. I’ve had enough!”
- Matty is a controversial figure who faced significant backlash over accusations of racism, misogynism, and Islamophobia — particularly when he briefly dated Taylor Swift. Following Rina’s criticism, Matty was removed from the role of one of Dirty Hit’s directors.
- However, Charli is dating Matty’s bandmate, The 1975 drummer George Daniel. Now, fans believe that Charli has unfollowed Rina over her own allegiance to Matty.
“matty made charli unfollow rina”
Why would he make one of his friends unfollow her and then still be following her?🤨 pic.twitter.com/AgPakOU4dZ
— bella ⎕ (@bellafrnglomg) August 30, 2023
But: Another fan pointed out that Matty is still following Rina from his own Instagram account — meaning Charli XCX’s alleged feud with her could be related to something else.