Resurfaced footage of “iconic” Sophie Turner chugging an entire glass of red wine at a hockey game is going viral on social media again — amid rumors about her divorce from Joe Jonas.
— The Notorious J.O.V. (@whotfisjovana) September 5, 2023
‘Team Sophie Turner’
- On Tuesday, Joe Jonas filed for divorce from Game of Thrones actress Sophie Turner after four years of marriage and two children.
- An unnamed source told TMZ on Tuesday that a difference in the pair’s lifestyles, and Turner’s alleged love for “partying” had been a reason behind Joe filing for divorce. The source claimed to TMZ: “She likes to party, he likes to stay at home. They have very different lifestyles.”
- There was a further report in TMZ that Joe has been caring for the couple’s two young children “pretty much all of the time.” Another insider claimed to TMZ that Joe had caught Sophie in a compromising position on Ring camera footage — leading to their split.
- Fans were appalled by the negative portrayal of Sophie in the media since news of her split with Joe. Since then, social media users have been showing their solidarity and support for Sophie — by sharing a four-year-old clip of the actress chugging wine.
- In the viral video, Sophie is seen on a date night with Joe at the New York Rangers hockey game at Madison Square Garden in March 2019. When the actress is caught on the JumboTron, she gives the camera a quick dab, holds her fist to the air, and chugs an entire glass of red wine as the crowd cheers for her.
- The clip went viral four years ago and Sophie even proudly reposted the video on her Instagram profile.
- Now, social media users are sharing the footage again to show how “iconic” the actress has always been. “Joe Jonas couldn’t handle a baddie,” a fan declared.
- Another viewer remarked that Sophie had always been “the most exciting part” of Joe and others said they were “100% team Sophie Turner. She seems cool af.”
@wintcrss @joejonas couldn’t handle a baddie 🧚 #sophieturner #sansastark ♬ original sound – aung
— Kylie Cheung (@kylietcheung) September 5, 2023
But: Amid the rumors swirling around their divorce, Joe and Sophie posted a joint statement today and said that the split was amicable: “After four wonderful years of marriage we have mutually decided to amicably end our marriage. There are many speculative narratives as to why but, truly this is a united decision.”