According to a new report, Timothée Chalamet may be dating Kylie Jenner publically to promote his upcoming Wonka film –amid the SAG-AFTRA strike.
Welcome to Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet's 'Wonka' press tour https://t.co/qomPcWjpio
— Insider (@thisisinsider) September 13, 2023
Is Timothée Chalamet Dating Kylie Jenner For Publicity?
- After secretly dating for eight months, Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet have taken their very private relationship public in the last two weeks.
- On September 4, Kylie and Timothée made their first public appearance as a couple at Beyoncé Knowles’ concert.
- Then on Sunday, Kylie and Timothée had a PDA-filled and very public date at the men’s singles final between Novak Djokovic and Daniil Medvedev at the U.S. Open.
- Now, Insider reports that Kylie’s and Timothée’s public appearances with their relationship seem conveniently timed to tie into the lead up of his new movie Wonka this winter — amid the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike.
- Hollywood actors and writers are on strike over an ongoing labor dispute with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers. And according to SAG-AFTRA strike rules, Timothée is not allowed to do interviews or press for any of his film projects such as Wonka, nor can he promote the movie on his social media.
- Celebrities have been forced to come up with creative and unusual ways to keep themselves in the public eye — and also indirectly promote their films or TV projets. For example, the typically private Jeremy Allen White has been accused of being photographed frequently by the paparazzi in recent times (working out topless and packing on the PDA with model Ashley Moore) to promote his campaign for an Emmy nomination for his hit show The Bear.
- Insider reports that for Timotheé, promoting his upcoming film Wonka has “meant hard-launching his romantic relationship with Kylie Jenner” in the last week.
jeremy allen white pap walks make so much sense when you realize that it’s his pseudo-FYC emmy campaign
— andrea (@andreaonhbo) August 7, 2023
Why it matters Insider’s new report offers possible insight as to why Hollywood’s most unexpected (and formerly private) couple have suddenly become so public with their romance.
While Timotheé and Kylie truly appear to be in love, the Wonka actor’s hardcore fans have repeatedly questioned the validity of his relationship with the reality TV star.