Brittany Snow allegedly divorced Tyler Stanaland over the lies that he told her about Selling the OC and photos she found of him with Alex Hall.
Why Did Brittany Snow Divorce Selling the OC’s Tyler Stanaland?
- Pitch Perfect star Brittany Snow and realtor Tyler Stanaland announced that they had decided to divorce in September 2022 — shortly after the first season of Selling the OC premiered in August.
- At the time, Brittany said the decision was made with “mutual respect” for each other and cited “irreconcilable differences” as the reason for their split after two years of marriage. However, it was speculated that Tyler’s participation in the reality TV show was the final straw in ending their marriage.
- In the first season ofSelling the OC, Tyler had flirty interactions with co-stars Alex Hall and Polly Brindle and his colleague Kayla Cardona tried to kiss him.
- The second season of Selling the OC aired on Netflix this month and was filmed amid Tyler’s ongoing divorce from Brittany. In the latest series, Tyler claims that he made “the right decision” divorcing Brittany and also has a blossoming romance with Alex — who he kisses in the season finale.
- However, according to anonymous celebrity gossip account Deuxmoi, Tyler did not decide to divorce his wife — and he was allegedly dumped by Brittany over the lies he told about his role in the reality TV show.
- Deuxmoi’s source also claimed that Alex had allegedly lied to Brittany about his attraction to co-star Alex after the actress found photos of the pair together.
- Deuxmoi’s source also further claimed that Tyler and Brittany were allegedly ready to start a family when she discovered he had been lying to her about Selling the OC.
- On the Deux U podcast yesterday, Deuxmoi said that an anonymous source claimed: that “Brittany was told by Tyler the whole time he was filming the first season of Selling the OC that he was barely in the show. He had nothing to do and his only storyline was about real estate.” Brittany had suspicions about Alex Hall because of pictures found of them together when him and Brittany were married. But he told her that Alex was unattractive to him.”
- The source further alleged that: Brittany watched the Netflix show and saw it all go down with the world. I also know that Brittany was in the process of starting a family with him when she found the pictures. So his current comments on the new season implying that ‘I made the right decision’ and ‘I want someone who wants a, b, c’ is weird as f*ck. Brittany filed for divorce when it was clear that he lied to her every day for a year. He didn’t decide anything.”
What Has Brittany Snow Said About The Divorce? Brittany has not commented on the speculation. However, she appeared to hint at the shock of her split in an interview with Bustle in May. The actress said: “In the past year I went through probably the hardest mental health challenge I’ve ever faced. In one day, in a matter of hours, my life turned completely upside down. I was blindsided and everything I thought I knew, held sacred, and truly trusted in my life was completely different.”