Kendall Jenner reacted awkwardly to a fan accidentally touching her at an 818 Tequila meet and greet in a viral video.
@kristenlandolfi had to make sure i wasn’t dreaming 💭🤍 #drink818 #kendalljenner ♬ Funny Song – Funny Song Studio & Sounds Reel
- On September 15, Kendall Jenner hosted a meet and greet at a Total Wine store in Westbury, New York to promote her 818 Tequila brand.
- Influencer Kristen Landolfi posted a TikTok video of her interaction with Kendall at the meet and greet — including the moment that she accidentally touched the supermodel.
- The video — which is captioned “When you forget you’re standing next to Kendall Jenner and not a friend you can casually put your arm around” — shows Kristen chatting to a smiling Kendall at the 818 Tequila event.
- The pair then pose for a photo together and Kristen instinctively puts her arm around Kendall for the shot. Kendall appears to coldly step back as Kristen puts her hand behind her.
- Kristen immediately panics when she realizes her mistake and politely moves her hand away from the supermodel. The TikTok video ends as Kristen poses for a photo with Kendall.
- The TikTok video has amassed 4.6 million views in four days — with many fans criticizing Kendall’s reaction to the fan as “rude and snooty.”
- “The way she stepped back said everything,” a TikTok user commented. Another viewer remarked: “Kendall’s face when you tried lol!”
- Some fans also compared Kendall’s cold reaction to Selena Gomez’s and Taylor Swift’s warmth with their fans. While others argued that Kendall might have stepped away from Kristen’s arm as a “safety” defense.
Why it matters: Kendall can’t escape her “mean girl” reputation.
@kardashianjennerplusmore Kendall Jenner being rude to a fan, and clearly not wanting to take a photo #kimkardashian #kourtneyandtravis #kimkardashianwest #krisjenner #brucejenner #travisscott #kimkardashian #realitytvclips #khloekardashian #kourtneykardashian #kuwtk #keepingupwiththekardashians #kardashianshulu #tvshowsnow #keepingupwiththekardashiansclips #realitytv #foryoupage #fyp #kardashianedits #kimkardashianedit #trending #viral #stitch #duet #tiktok #kyliejenner #kendalljenner ♬ Barbie Girl – Bava
- For a long time, Kendall has been accused of being a “mean girl” for her allegedly dismissive behavior around fans. This latest TikTok video seems to be further proof of these rumors for Kardashian fans.
- In an episode of The Kardashians in March, Kendall revealed that she struggles with the public belief that she’s a “mean girl.” She said: “I think one [misconception] that I guess hurts the most is that people think I’m a mean girl. Cause that’s just not the case. It can be upsetting when someone is questioning your character, and if only people knew me.”
- In a follow-up TikTok video, Kristen talked more about her interaction with Kendall and defended the supermodel.
- She said that she wasn’t instructed not to touch Kendall by security. However, Kristen says: “When I put my arm around her and I just like saw that she wasn’t like you know reciprocating it back so I’m like oh so I pulled away and I didn’t think anything of it.”
- Kristen says she realized that gesture was not Kendall’s “vibe.” Nonetheless, Kristen said she got the impression Kendall was “nice” and it was perfectly understandable if the supermodel did not want to be touched.
- Another TikToker, who attended the same 818 Tequila meet and greet, shared a sweet video of her interaction with Kendall and described her as “the sweetest person ever.”
@kristenlandolfi Replying to @Kiley 💋 hope this answers your questions! 😊 #kendalljenner ♬ original sound – Kristen Landolfi