Fans are speculating that Taylor Swift’s single Wildest Dreams is about her rumored romance with Alexander Skarsgard.
@costarenato3 Since you guys asked: the possible references to Alexander Skarsgard in Wildest Dreams Musica Video. Taylor Swift met Alexander shooting the movie “The Giver”. Video em português: @Renato Costa #taylorswift ♬ Wildest Dreams (Taylor's Version) – Taylor Swift
Is Taylor Swift’s Wildest Dreams About Alexander Skarsgard?
- On August 9, Taylor Swift announced that she would be releasing her rerecording of 1989 (Taylor’s Version) on October 27 — exactly nine years after the original came out in 2014.
- Since Taylor’s announcement, 1989 has seen a spike in streams and fans have been analyzing the album’s tracks again.
- And according to a fan theory, Taylor’s song Wildest Dreams is about her rumored romance with Succession star Alexander Skarsgard.
- In 2014, Taylor starred in the movie The Giver alongside Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges, and most importantly, True Blood star Alexander Skarsgard.
- Taylor filmed the The Giver in 2013 in Cape Town and Johannesburg in South Africa — shortly after she had broken up with Robert Kennedy’s grandson, Conor Kennedy.
- During the filming, Taylor and Alexander were photographed having dinner together a few times in Cape Town. In an interview with Time, Alexander revealed that he and Taylor had “really lovely” jamming sessions together with the piano in the hotel lobby.
- In The Giver, Taylor also sports dyed brown hair in the movie.
- The music video for Taylor’s Wildest Dreams is set in Africa in the 1950s. It depicts Swift as a brunette Hollywood actress who falls in love with her co-star (who is played by Scott Eastwood) on set. However, their romance eventually ends but Taylor hopes that her co-star to remember her.
- Fans think that Wildest Dreams is about Alexander given the similarities between the music video’s premise and Taylor’s real-life experience filming The Giver. Swifties think that Taylor and Alexander may have had a romance on set that ended and led to the singer writing Wildest Dreams about him.
- In Wildest Dreams, Taylor sings that her love interest is “so tall and handsome as hell.” And fans also think that description is about Alexander — who is 6 feet and 4 inches in height.
- Neither Taylor and Alexander have ever commented on their rumored romance but that hasn’t stopped the online speculation.
alexander skarsgard pls save taylor swift,, we know wildest dreams was about u huhu pic.twitter.com/1xRh8OQf9m
— mira (@lvbvnnyzzl3) May 7, 2023