A video of Anya Taylor-Joy speaking Spanish with Jenna Ortega and Rosalia is going viral online.
anya taylor-joy introducing her husband to rosalia and jenna ortega in spanish – "ese es mi marido" pic.twitter.com/qhULkXSuox
— best of anya taylor-joy (@anyafolders) September 26, 2023
Anya Taylor-Joy Introduces Husband in Spanish
- Anya Taylor Joy attended Christian Dior’s spring/summer 2024 show during Paris Fashion Week on Tuesday.
- She was seated next to Jenna Ortega, Spanish singer Rosalia, and Jennifer Lawrence on the front row at the show.
- Now, a video is going viral on social media of Anya speaking Spanish with Jenna and Rosalia at the A-list fashion show.
- In the clip, which has amassed over 10 million views in the last day, Anya points out her husband Malcolm McRae to Rosalia and Jenna. Malcolm is sat in the second row behind the stars.
- “Ese es mi marido,” Anya tells Rosalia and Jenna in an Argentinian accent — which translates to “That is my husband” in Spanish. Rosalia and Jenna then greet Malcolm.
- Fans were obsessed with Anya speaking Spanish with Rosalia and Jenna. “She is the cutest omg,” a viewer writes. Another social media user comments: “Help, I love her!”
- Anya speaks perfect Spanish. The Super Mario Bros. Movie actress was raised between Argentina and London, and her first language is Spanish — which she speaks in an Argentinian accent.
- In the viral footage, Anya also appeared to confirm that Malcolm was her husband. According to Page Six, the pair secretly married in July last year but neither Anya nor Malcolm ever commented on the rumors.
anya taylor joy speaking spanish pic.twitter.com/vhzJwIYPGO
— best of anya taylor-joy (@anyafolders) March 11, 2023
Jenna ortega and anya taylor joy aaaaaaaaaaaaah pic.twitter.com/lBALh2kEDl
— ImissJennaortega (@Roxdk7) September 27, 2023
But: Fans pointed out that Jenna Ortega does not actually speak Spanish…
- Some viewers were amused by Anya’s interaction with Jenna as the Wednesday star does not speak Spanish. Fans thought Jenna looked slightly bemused in the footage.
- “It’s funny because Jenna doesn’t speak a word in Spanish lol,” a Twitter user writes. Another fan says: “so funny how Jenna is like ‘What?'”
- According to Spanish publication Mitu, Jenna has described how her father as “100 percent Mexican.” But his family moved to California “generations before” his birth.
- As with many Latinos in the U.S., Jenna’s father “is not fluent” as “Spanish died down in his family.” Jenna continues: “Since my father does not speak Spanish, trying to teach my siblings and me the language when we were little was a struggle.”
Image credits: Header photo via Instagram/@dior.