Fans are getting excited after oddsmakers predicted that Lana Del Rey could win the Nobel Prize in Literature in 2023.
Some oddsmakers predict that Lana Del Rey could win the 2023 Nobel Prize in Literature. pic.twitter.com/y5aQ18iJnc
— Lana Del Rey Stats (@LanadelreyStats) October 4, 2023
Nobel Prize Winner Lana Del Rey?
- Lana Del Rey returned with her ninth studio album Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd earlier this year.
- And now oddsmakers are predicting that Lana’s incredible career as a songwriter could put her in the running for the Nobel Prize in Literature.
- The Nobel Prize in Literature has been awarded annually since 1901, to an author from any country who has “in the field of literature, produced the most outstanding work in an idealistic direction.” While individual works are sometimes cited as being particularly noteworthy, the award is based on an author’s body of work as a whole.
- According to Nicer Odds, Lana has odds of 100.0 of winning the Nobel Prize in Literature 2023 — giving her the same odd of being awarded as The Beatles’ Paul McCartney.
- Fans went wild after realizing that Lana may have a chance of winning the Nobel Prize in Literature 2023 — saying that the singer “deserved it” and calling her a “literate intellectual queen.”
- However, many of Lana’s fans pointed out how outrageous it would be if the singer won a Nobel Prize — before she won a Grammy award for Music. “Nobel Prize before Grammy is crazy,” a social media user commented.
- Meanwhile, another fan said they never understood why Lana has never won a Pulitzer Prize in the Music category — while Kendrick Lamar was given the award. Kendrick became the first rapper to win the Pulitzer Prize for his critically acclaimed album DAMN in 2018. A Lana fan writes: “It’s been long awaited.. like no way Kendrick has one and she doesn’t.”
- In a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Lana discussed the challenges of being regarded as a “loser” in her early music career and how her sixth studio album Norman F*cking Rockwell changed critics’ perception of her as a songwriter for the better.
Sooo…. Lana Del Rey could win a ‘Nobel Prize’ before she wins a ‘Grammy.’ pic.twitter.com/h9fU95oIy0
— LDR BUZZ🍒 (@lanadelreybuzz) October 4, 2023
But: Unfortunately, Lana is not among those highly tipped for the Nobel Prize in Literature 2023. According to The Guardian, oddsmakers predict Can Xue, Haruki Murakami, Margaret Atwood, and Salman Rushdie are among the most likely authors to win this year’s Nobel prize in literature 2023.