Lana Del Rey fans are filming TikTok videos with police in the viral “Good Girl Officer” trend.
@tanology.mia He protects, while I serve 🤣 #lanadelrey #officersoftiktok #viral #fyp ♬ original sound – kasia
‘Everybody Knows That I’m a Good Girl Officer’
- In a new viral TikTok trend, social media users are filming videos with police officers while singing along to Lana Del Rey’s unreleased 2010 track Playing Dangerously.
- Lana Del Rey’s Playing Dangerously is about a woman who meets a police officer following a fire incident and is attracted to his authority.
- In the TikTok trend which has become popular in recent weeks, individuals are approaching police officers and mouthing the lyrics to Lana’s song Playing Dangerously directly to them.
- TikTokers pose next to the police officer and lipsync the words: “Everybody knows that I’m a good girl officer. No. I wouldn’t do a thing like that, that’s for sure.”
- In a TikTok video, which has amassed over 3.6 million views, influencer @tanology.mia dances next to a giggling cop who stands next to his police car.
- In another video, which has racked up 2.5 million views, TikToker Tedi films herself lip-syncing Lana Del Rey’s song in front of a group of police officers — who seem to be unaware that she is recording them.
- Viewers have been left wondering how so many TikTok users have convinced cops to willingly feature in these videos and participate in the “good girl officer” trend.
- Filming police officers is generally allowed in the U.S. when done in a public place and does not interfere with the officers’ performance of their duties or violate anyone’s privacy.
- However, some online users have complained that the inclusion of police officers in the TikTok trend makes them feel “sick” and “not cute at all” — and a sign that social media has gone too far.
@jose.lucassoo amo demais essa, #fypシ #fypシ゚viral #fy #lanadelrey ♬ som original – Zé
my lana del rey moment
@kaonashi012 @BRod @Kadra Caraweelo ♬ som original – Zé
Does This Mean Lana Del Rey Will Finally Release Playing Dangerously?
- This is not the first time an unreleased song by Lana has gone viral on TikTok this year. In May, a sped-up version of Lana’s unreleased track Say Yes to Heaven went viral on the platform — with more than one million users using the song as a trend.
- Due to the song’s popularity on TikTok, Lana ended up finally releasing Say Yes to Heaven as a surprise for fans.