After Mac DeMarco released a video of himself dancing shirt-open on a beach in Italy, fans have been noticing the prince of indie is looking healthier.
MAC QUIT SMOKING
- In his early career, Mac was synonymous with smoking – even penning a love song in honor of his favorite cigarette brand.
- But Mac revealed that he gave up the addictive habit telling the NME he decided to quit while on a long drive.
- Mac tells NME: “I thought it would be fine, but little did I know… I’d never tried to quit smoking before. It’s f*cked up. It’s horrible. I had really wicked withdrawals for three weeks and kind of went loopy.”
MAC HAS QUIT ON ALCOHOL
- Mac was known for his wild booze-fuelled antics on-stage, crowd surfing, and jumping off balconies. But he has now quit drinking alcohol.
- But Mac tells NME that he still goes out to the bar with his friend and will be there “until last call” but does not drink booze.
- He says: “Obviously now, I go and do things that I did before and I’m like, ‘Man, I used to really hang out for a long time.’ And it was fun because I was drunk. But now I’m able to clock in a lot quicker now and be like, ‘Oh my god, I’m gonna go home. This is ridiculous.’”
MAC HAS CHANGED HIS DIET AND QUIT CAFFEINE
- More strangely, Mac says he has given up eating cold food including cold water. “No cold water, only hot water. And steak,” he tells AP.
- Mac gave up cold food per the advice of his acupuncturist, who also urged him to quit caffeine too. Mac has embraced the challenge.
- “I don’t like being beholden to things like that, you know? As humans, we got to have water, you got to have shelter, you got to have food. That’s enough things to be trapped by,” Mac says of his lifestyle now.